FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance while acting as a safe finger guard. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
Part of the popular Four Star line, this hand-honed blade is made with Henckels' Sintermetal Component Technology (SCT), which allows three different grades of steel to be combined to form a single piece, fusing together the blade, bolster, and tang. What does this mean in layman's terms? It means a strong, high-quality knife that will last a lifetime.
Founded in 1731, the J.A. Henckels company is not only one of the world's oldest cutlery manufacturers, it's also one of the most well respected, creating best-selling knives guaranteed to last a lifetime. --Kim Harwell
From the Manufacturer
| || First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chef’s, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets. || |
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels’ Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
| || The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance. || |
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
Features & Highlights
- Manufactured in Germany
- Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
- SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps
- 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
- Edge angle 15 degrees per side
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels
Lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects
12.75 x 2.75 x 1.5 inches
2 x 1 x 12 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Kuhn Rikon
mpn: 2819, ean: 0705475028190,
Kuhn Rikon 4-Inch Nonstick Colori Paring Knife, PurpleCarbon steel blade is sharp and stays sharp. Nonstick color coating on blade allows slices to slide right off. Plastic sheath protects the blade and keeps it sharp. ...
15° is the best edge angle (per side) for a kitchen knife. If your knife edge > 15 degree per side, it could be not sharp; If your knife edge< 15 degree per side , although very sharp, no more durability 15 degree blade edge (per side) provides a pe...
By Rada Cutlery
mpn: R101/2, ean: 0788454575892,
The Regular Paring knife is Rada's most popular knife. This is because it is the perfect size for so many cutting tasks such as quartering apples, cutting mushrooms, celery, and green beans--the list goes on! Package of 2 Regular Paring knives. Rada...
By TUO Cutlery
mpn: TC0304H, ean: 6970270335178,
TUO CUTLERY Never Stop TUOING! Pronounced in the plosive sound, the meaning of the word "TUO" has direct connotations in Chinese which refer to "Exploring" and "The Pursuit of Perfection" Our Knives are beautifully crafted in every aspect to represen...