FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance while acting as a safe finger guard. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING's signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they will NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
The 5-inch blade on this knife features slightly curved surfaces on both the back and the cutting edge, terminating in a wide point. The serrated edge is perfect for cutting and slicing soft products that have a firm skin, as this type of blade penetrates more easily than one with a smooth edge. This medium-size knife makes a handy and versatile kitchen tool for cooks of any ilk. Most of the Henckels lines--including the popular Four Star series--feature blades made of Friodur, a special, ice-hardened, no-stain steel created and patented by the company in 1939. This special formula was designed for exceptional hardness and high resistance to corrosion.
Founded in 1731, the J.A. Henckels company is not only one of the world's oldest cutlery manufacturers, it's also one of the most well respected, creating best-selling knives guaranteed to last a lifetime. --Kim Harwell
From the Manufacturer
| || First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is one of the world's most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chef’s, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets. || |
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels’ Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention.
It's All in The Grip:
| || The Four Star® series features high impact polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance. || |
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Although hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
Features & Highlights
- Manufactured in Germany
- Special formula high carbon NO STAIN steel
- SIGMAFORGE knife is forged from a single piece of solid steel
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience
- Precision-honed blade and laser-controlled edge ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Ergonomic polypropylene handles permanently bonded for seamless accuracy and gaps
- 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention
- Edge angle 15 degrees per side
ZWILLING J.A. Henckels
ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
Bread & Serrated Knives
Lifetime warranty against manufacturers defects
ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
2.75 x 1.5 x 16.5 inches
2.6 x 1 x 14.4 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Rada Cutlery
mpn: W212, ean: 7152555272159,
The Rada Cutlery 10 Inch Stainless Steel Bread Knife is a high-end, chef quality knife available at an affordable price. This 10 inch bread knife is made from surgical grade T420 high carbon stainless steel which creates a hard, tough knife. The ...
By Urban Trend
mpn: 4500, ean: 0870588000316,
About Urban Trend Urban Trend gadgets add a unique twist to "ho-hum" kitchen tools that bring together value, looks, quality and function. We stive to create products that solve problems and provide clever soutions for kitchen gadgets so that you can...
mpn: DM-0705, ean: 0400002689461,
9-inch Japanese bread knife; ideal for everything from rustic artisan breads to baguettes. Precision-forged stainless-steel blade; serrated edge prevents tearing. Clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look. Durable D-s...
By Kuhn Rikon
mpn: 28111, ean: 0705475281113,
The Kuhn Rikon Nonstick Serrated Knife is a wonderful steak or tomato knife - easily slicing through meats and smooth-skinner vegetables. You'll want multiple colors so everyone in the family can have their own. Food slide right off the nonstick coa...